CUCET or Central Universities Common Entrance Test is conducted jointly by 14 central universities for admission in UG, PG, and PhD courses. Conducted across 120 cities in India, the Central University of Rajasthan coordinates the exam. Preparing and cracking an entrance exam is not an easy task. We are going to give you some of the best CUCET preparation tips that are going to help you ace this Entrance Exam and get into your dream college.
CUCET Preparation At Home Tips
1. Go Through The Syllabus – Firstly, you need to have a proper understanding of the list of topics you need to work on, as well as properly know previous years’ CUCET analysis.
CUCET exam duration is 2 hours in which you have to answer 100 multiple-choice questions. There are 5 sections as follows:
- Mathematical Aptitude: This particular section analyzes your mathematical ability. Most of the questions are based on 12th-grade-level mathematics.
- Analytical Skills: In this section, your reasoning and analytical ability are tested with questions based on data interpretation, sequential order, diagrams, etc.
- English Language: Your basic English language command is evaluated here. Questions are mainly related to grammar and vocabulary.
- General Awareness: How well-updated are you with the current affairs is the objective of this section.
- Domain Knowledge: This section tests your knowledge in the subject of the course that you have chosen for higher studies.
Marking scheme: Each correct answer will get a score of +4 marks, each wrong answer will get a score of -1 mark.
2. Practice On Previous Year Question Papers: This would help you to acquire a clear-cut idea on which area should be given more importance and to get an idea of the type of questions asked.
3. Get Your Preparation Books Ready: There are many entrance books in the market to help you prepare for CUCET. There would be many previous year question papers in there to practice on. Subscribe to a good English newspaper like The Hindu.
4. Create A Timetable: Once you’ve perused through the syllabus the next and most important step is planning and scheduling. This is one of the most effective preparation tips for any entrance exam. Try to accommodate all 5 sections in a day and not focus on one to keep it interesting.
5. Be Thorough With The General Awareness Section: Unlike other sections, this section does not demand a lot of attention and processing thus would help you save a lot of time if you’ve prepared from top to bottom.
6. Practice With A Timer On: When you practice on a question or a previous year’s question paper, keep a watch on the time you’re taking to finish it. Improve your pace gradually with constant practice.
7. Do Mock Tests: You can find many mock tests to practice online. This would help in planning your exam strategy by understanding which part you should go for first and which to leave for later. Practicing on previous years’ question papers can also help in this regard.
CUCET Preparation Strategy: Section-wise Breakdown And Topics
|Section||Syllabus/Main Topics||Preparation Tips|
|Mathematical Aptitude||Averages & Percentages, Simple & Compound Interest, Pipes & Cisterns, Roots, Indices, Surds, Work-Related Problems, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Alligations, Time, Speed & Distance, Permutations & Combinations, Probability, Determinants, Vectors, Integration, and Differentiation.||Study hacks/shortcuts to solve the problems in a fast and easy way. Learn the formulas Keep track of how much you’re taking to answer and improve your pace|
|English Language||Idioms & Phrases, Etymology & Roots, Antonyms-Synonyms, Foreign Words, Noun & Pronoun Errors, Subject-Verb Agreement, Reading Comprehension, Analogies, Syllogisms, Logical Consistency, Deductive Reasoning||Read newspapers daily Follow up on current affairs and important issues Make it a habit to read a minimum of 20 minutes a day|
|Analytical Skills||Verbal analogy, Direction and distance, analogies, Odd one out, Word Sequence, Time Sequence, Family Tree, Directions, Groups & Conditionality, Logical Series,||Learn the strategies used to solve each type of question Practice daily to improve your pace.|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs, Awards, Static GK, Entertainment, Brands, Logos, Taglines, Economy, History, Geography, etc.||Track the current affairs daily by reading newspapers.|
Best Books For CUCET Entrance Exam
There are many entrance books available for you to get ready for the CUCET entrance exam. These are the best books for CUCET preparation that would allow you to boost your preparation strategy:
- MATHEMATICAL APTITUDE
- NCERT Textbook Class 10, 11, 12
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination by Dinesh Khattar
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- General English by Arihant Publications
- Easy to Learn General English Complete Book by Yashpal Sharma
- High School English Grammar by Wren and Martin
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr. RS Aggarwal.
- Reasoning Book for Competitive Examinations by Pearson
- A new approach to Reasoning By B.S. Sijwali & S. Sijwali Arihant.
- GENERAL AWARENESS
- General Knowledge Manual by Pearson
- Manorama/Mathrubhumi Year Books
It would be beneficial if you stick with these CUCET preparations tips. Make sure to revise and not dwell on new topics a couple of days before the exam. Be confident. Good luck with the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles on CUCET: