IPU CET B Com is the entrance exam for the B Com course offered by the Indraprastha University. Having accurate information about the exam pattern and syllabus can help you prepare properly for the exam and stand an excellent chance to clear the exam with a great score. This article about the IPU CET B Com will give you all the details about the Exam Syllabus and Pattern. The topics that you should prepare for the different sections of the IP University B Com Entrance Exam are also given at length.
Basic Pattern of the IPU CET B Com 2021
- Mode of the Entrance Exam: Offline
- Conducting Body of IPU CET B.Com 2021: The exam is conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
- Total seats available for Admission: The total seats for the B.Com course in IP University is approximately 200.
- Type of Questions: The questions asked in the IPU CET B.Com 2021 Entrance exam will be objective type question.
- Total Questions: The entrance exam will consist of a total of 100 questions.
- Duration of Examination: The total time duration allotted for the exam will be 2.5 hours.
- Total Marks: The B.Com entrance exam will be of a total of 400 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, the student will be awarded +4 marks.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer, -1 will be deducted.
- Section-wise Weightage: The weightage of each of the four sections of the examination are given below:
|English Language & Comprehension||25%|
IPU CET B Com 2021 Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of IPU CET B.Com 2021 is divided into four broad topics. These topics check your knowledge in the field of English, mathematics, logical reasoning, and general knowledge. The syllabus consists of:
- English Language and Comprehension
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge
English Language and Comprehension
The English Language plays a critical role in our lives, and linguistic knowledge is the secret to successful communication. IPU CET B Com Entrance exam tests your English language skills. It is comparatively the easiest section of the examination. It tests your vocabulary and basic grammar skills. Some of the essential topics asked in the English Language and Comprehension Section are as follows:
- Reading Comprehension
- Phrases and Idioms
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Vocabulary and Grammar
- One word substitutions
- Sentence rearrangement
- Error detection
- Cloze Test
The logical reasoning section depends on the rationalization and justification of the given proposal. This is a very tricky section as some of the questions can take some time to solve. Some of the essential topics from this section for the IPU CET B Com 2021 Entrance exam are as follows:
- Number Series
- Direction and Distance Test
- Assumptions and Statements
- Venn Diagram
- Arrangement and Ranking
- Alpha-Numerical sequence
The questions from this section will assess your speed, judgment capacity, and data interpretation in the Data Interpreting section. The problems contain graphs, diagrams, and tables from which data must be analyzed. The time that is taken to solve each question plays an important role in the course of the exam. Some of the important topics asked from this section of the IP University Admission 2021 Entrance exam are as follows:
- Bar Graphs
- Venn Diagrams
- Column Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Chart
General knowledge is, comparatively a very dynamic area of knowledge. However, if you are an aspiring B.Com applicant, you will do well. Issues about various fields like sport, business, politics, business, etc. can be asked. Try to increase the focus on topics and questions of common knowledge. Some of the essential topics from this section are as follows:
- Awards and Honours
- Science and Technology
- Sports and Media
- Current Happenings around the world
- Business and Economics related news
- News on Trade, Commerce, and Polity
Knowing the Syllabus and Pattern of the entrance exam can help you clear the exam with ease. I hope by now you are all clear about the IPU CET B Com 2021 Pattern and Syllabus. So start preparing for the IP University B Com entrance exam and get success in clearing it out. Click here to read the section-wise analysis of the question papers of previous years. All the Best!