JIPMAT is an entrance-level examination that is conducted for the admissions of the 5-years integrated program of management. This examination is applicable for the admissions to IIM Jammu, IIM Bodhgaya, and IIM Ranchi. IIM Ranchi has recently announced that they are going to consider the JIPMAT exam for admissions.
However, many students focus on the first stage of admission only, i.e., JIPMAT. But, the lack of focus on the other stages can lead to the cancellation of the application of the candidate. With this article, we have mentioned the guidelines that are there for stage 2 of this examination. Before heading towards stage 2, here are the details for the JIPMAT 2022 exam.
About JIPMAT 2022
Every year, this examination is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). For the JIPMAT 2022, IIM Jammu and IIM Bodhgaya will invite the applications soon. The eligibility criteria for JIPMAT 2022 are as follows:
1. Candidates who have scored a minimum of 60% marks in their 10th and 12th grades. However, for the reserved category, like SC/ST or PwD groups, it should be 55%.
2. Candidates appearing for the 12th examination in 2022 are also eligible for this examination. However, they have to complete their examinations.
The sections that will be part of the JIPMAT 2022 syllabus includes:
1. Quantitative Aptitude
2. Data Interpretation and Logical reasoning
3. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
JIPMAT Admission Procedure
The admission procedure of this examination basically can be divided into two parts:
- First is the entrance test conducted by NTA, i.e., JIPMAT.
- The second is the merit list. However, before releasing the merit list for this examination, every candidate is asked to update the score and submit the preferences. After filling in all the details, the institute provides the merit list for admission.
We know that the major focus of the students is to clear the JIPMAT exam with good marks. But the mistakes committed at stage 2 can lead to the wastage of efforts. To make it more comprehensive, here are the guidelines for stage 2 that one should remember to avoid mistakes.
Stage 2 of JIPMAT exam: Guidelines
Under stage 2 of this examination, a candidate is asked to update the 10th and 12th scores and fill out the preferences. A candidate will be given a limited period, and every candidate has to fill the same in a fixed period. But the common mistake that a candidate commits here is the usage of the wrong method for calculating 10th and 12th marks. Before heading towards the common mistake details, here are the guidelines for stage 2.
- The process of 10th and 12th score updates will be conducted on the website of the IIM Jammu, IIM Bodhgaya, and JIPMAT official website. The link will be provided on these websites only.
- Based on these scores, a final composite score will be made. This will be considered for the final cutoff, final-merit list, and waitlist.
- Any candidate who uses the wrong formula/method to inflate the passing percentage will face admission cancellation.
- If it turns out to be that the board does not provide the passing percentage, passing total marks, or passing CGPA, and the candidate has selected the best four/five subjects to calculate the percentage or inflate the marks will face application/admission cancellation.
- IIM Jammu will consider 60% of the JIPMAT NTA score, 15% of the 10th score, 15% of the 12th score, and 10% of gender diversity.
- While the IIM Bodhgaya will be considering 70% of the JIPMAT score, 15% of the 10th score, and 15% of the 12th score.
What to Avoid at Stage 2?
Now, the common mistake that every candidate commits at stage 2 of this examination is choosing the wrong method of marks calculation. There are many cases in the past which proved that the admissions were canceled due to this reason. The authorities are not going to spare any candidate even for 0.1% percentage inflation in marks. Points to remember at this stage:
- Therefore, a candidate needs to remember this thing that they have to consider all the subjects while calculating the score of 10th and 12th. In any case, if the candidate submits the best four/five subjects score only, then the application will stand canceled.
- While filling the preference among IIM Jammu and IIM Bodhgaya, a candidate should know which location is best suitable for them. However, there are chances of getting admission at IIM Bodhgaya even if you have filled IIM Jammu as your first preference. The marks of the candidates are going to play a major role in this stage.
NTA JIPMAT 2022 is going to be a competitive exam. Clearing this round of selection is not only enough to get admission at IIM Jammu or Bodhgaya. A candidate needs to be aware of the guidelines at stage 2 of this examination. Every candidate is expected to follow the guidelines, as it is written in the notice. Any avoidance of such guidelines may lead to the cancellation of the application/admission of the candidate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles on JIPMAT: