On this day:
1804: Napoleon is crowned Emperor of France
1982: Barney Clark became the first person to receive a permanent artificial heart.
2001: Enron company became the largest company in the history of the United States to declare bankruptcy.
Gone on this day:
1814: Marquis de Sade, French author, politician
1985: Philip Larkin, English poet
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz