On this day:
2019: On 12th February 2019, the country known as the Republic of Macedonia renamed itself the Republic of North Macedonia in accordance with the Prespa agreement, settling a long-standing naming dispute with Greece.
Born on this day:
1809: Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809. He was an American statesman and lawyer who served as the 16th president of the United States.
Gone on this day:
1804: Immanuel Kant was a famous Prussian philosopher who died on February 12th,1804. He spent his life researching, lecturing and writing on philosophy. His most famous work was the “Critique of Pure Reason”.
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz