On this day:
2008: Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd apologizes to Indigenous Australians for the “stolen generations” Between 10 and 30 per cent of Aboriginal and Torres Islander children were removed from their families until the 1960s.
1960: France detonated its first atomic bomb in the Sahara desert.
Born on this day:
1974: Robbie Williams: English singer-songwriter, producer, actor
Gone on this day:
1883: German composer Richard Wagner died in Venice at age 69.
More GK & Current Affairs Resources:
- Attempt today’s Daily GK Quiz
- Read today’s Daily Current Affairs Update
- Attempt topicwise General Knowledge Practice Quiz
- Download Monthly Current Affairs Compilations
- Read about this month’s Important Days
- Revise your General Knowledge with Weekly GK Revision Quiz