BJMC is an undergraduate course that is considered the best entry-level course in the media industry. Media Industry in India is growing at a rapid pace and today youths are heading towards this industry. For this, BJMC is the best course among all the undergraduate courses in media. The job opportunities after BJMC are great. Especially if it is done from the top BJMC University. But many students prefer to go for postgraduation after this course.
One of the most popular post-graduation courses after the BJMC is MBA in Media Management. But many students do not know about the scope and opportunities after the MBA course. With this course, we have covered the details, scope, and opportunities of the MBA in Media Management. Let’s get started.
MBA in Media Management Course Details
The course details of the MBA in Media Management are as follows:
|Course Name||Master of Business Administration in Media Management|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based|
|Eligibility||Bachelors in any stream with an aggregate score of 50%|
|Course Fee||INR 4-15 lacs|
|Entrances||CAT, CMAT, XAT, SNAP|
|Average Salary||INR 2-10 lacs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||ABP Group, India Today Group, The Hindu Group, Jagran Prakashan Group, McCann Erickson India Ltd, and more|
|Job Positions||TV producer, Channel Head, media Strategist, Marketing Analyst, Media Manager, Media Planning Manager, Digital Media Analyst, and more|
What is the scope of MBA Media Management?
- The scope of the MBA Media Management is much better than the BJMC course. It is so because, with the MBA Media Management course, a candidate is given advanced knowledge about the media industry. To make it more specific, here are the reasons for pursuing MBA Media Management:
- A candidate usually learns communication skills during the BJMC course. But, with the MBA Media Management course, he/she enhance their skills to a professional level. These skills will help the individual to rank high while sitting for the placements in the media industry.
- The growth of the Media industry in India is at the highest speed. Today, the majority of the houses have access to at least one type of media, irrespective of their social-economic background. This growth of the media industry has created surplus jobs for the new candidates.
- The top media houses in India are looking for energetic youths who can contribute well to this industry and can provide profits to the company. These media houses usually prefer MBA students for hiring purposes.
- Candidates who have better content writing skills, anchoring skills, reporting skills, or any other communication skill can get the best opportunity with the MBA in Media Management course. There are numerous jobs for these talented candidates.
- The scope of an MBA in Media Management is not going to decline or end. It is so because Media is the fourth pillar of the economy which is not to get affected by any economic change. Therefore, the opportunities are surplus in this course.
Job Positions offered to BJMC candidates after doing MBA
The job positions that are offered to the MBA candidates:
|Job Positions||Average Salary|
|Media Strategist||INR 17 lacs|
|Media Manager||INR 7 lacs|
|Editor||INR 4 lacs|
|Corporate Communication Head||INR 20 lacs|
|Digital media Analyst||INR 5 lacs|
|Channel Head||INR 30 lacs|
Top Colleges for the MBA Media Management
In this section of our article, students will get information about the top colleges for MBA Media Management. Here is the information about these colleges:
- Indian Institute of Management: This college is situated in Indore. The average annual fees are INR 786,000. While the average placement package here is INR 22.92 lacs.
- Indian Institute of Management: This college is situated in Udaipur. The average annual fees are INR 17,00,000. While the average placement package here is INR 13.8 lacs.
- Jamia Milia Islamia University: This college is situated in Delhi. The average annual fees are INR 65,100. While the average placement package here is INR 5 lacs.
- Amity University: This college is situated in Noida. The average annual fees are INR 400,000. While the average placement package here is INR 4.5 lacs.
- University of petroleum and Management studies: This college is situated in Dehradun. The average annual fees are INR 13,34,000. While the average placement package here is INR 6.34 lacs.
- Prin L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research: This college is situated in Mumbai. The average annual fees are INR 11,00,000. While the average placement package here is INR 8.24 lacs.
- SCMS Cochin School of Business: This college is situated in Cochin. The average annual fees are INR 375,000. While the average placement package here is INR 5 lacs.
- International School of business and media: This college is situated in Pune. The average annual fees are INR 892,000. While the average placement package here is INR 7.4 lacs.
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science: This college is situated in Chennai. The average annual fees are INR 253,000. While the average placement package here is INR 4 lacs.
- Eastern Institute for Integrated Learning in Management: This college is situated in Kolkata. The average annual fees are INR 525,000. While the average placement package here is INR 4.5 lacs.
BJMC course is a top-notch course for the media industry and proceeding the career with the MBA Media management can be the best path. MBA Media Management course is a little bit expensive than BJMC degree but the average salary packages offered with this course are worth the cost. A candidate just needs to give two more years after the BJMC course duration. Therefore, candidates should go for this course to have better career opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles on BJMC:
- How to Prepare for Media Aptitude for BJMC Entrance Exams? Book List & Strategy
- Major Mass Communication Entrance Exams | All you need to know
- How to crack any BJMC Entrance Exam in 30 days | Preparation Strategy
- Top Colleges Offering Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC) Courses | Placement, Infrastructure & Facilities
- BJMC: Course Details, 2022 Admission, Fees, Eligibility Criteria, Placements & Salary Prospects