AILET Application Form 2021 will be released around the 1st week of January. The National Law University Delhi (NLUD) conducts the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) every year around May as a means of granting students admission into programs like BA LLB, LLM, Ph.D. National Law University Delhi has been ranked 2nd by NIRF for Law. Thousands of students attempt AILET to land a seat in this prestigious law university. The first step of getting into NLUD for any student is to fill the AILET Application Form that is released on the university’s official website.
Important things to keep in mind before filling AILET Application Form 2021:
Before one starts to fill the application form, they must be ready with the following things:
- A valid email ID for registration
- A valid mobile number for registration
- An Identity proof (Voter ID, Aadhaar card, passport, etc.)
- Scanned copy of the statement of marks of class 10th and 12th
- Scanned copy of their signature in a suitable format like jpg
- Scanned copy of their passport-sized photograph not more than 150 KB in size
- Personal details
- Means of online payment
Steps to fill the AILET Application Form 2021
Students have to visit the official website of NLUD and click on the link AILET Admissions 2020. The link will open a new page. On this new page, one has to click on the ‘Online Application Form’. Here the applicant has to click on ‘Create New Account.’ A registration form will open where the applicant has to carefully read and fill in the details that are mentioned. Once all the details have been filled the candidate needs to click on the option ‘Create Account.’ A new page will open where if any changes are required then the candidate can click on ‘Change’ and if not then one can click on ‘Confirm’ and proceed ahead.
Fill in the details
- Once the application form appears then the candidates can start filling in the details. These details need to be filled in carefully and any discrepancies should be rectified immediately. In the first tab, the candidate needs to select categories relevant to them, their gender, date of birth, religion, exam center choices, and contact details.
- The candidate also has to upload their passport-sized photograph and signature on this page.
- Next candidates have to fill in their family details like mother’s name, father’s name, annual income, occupation, etc. After this, the candidate next has to fill in their academic details.
- After one is done filling in the relevant details, they then have to click the ‘Save and Continue to Payment.’ Another screen will appear where the candidate has to make payment using a Debit card/Credit Card/Net Banking. Candidates must keep their credit and debit cards at hand and have a mobile number that is registered with the bank and can receive OTPs.
- After a successful payment, there will be an acknowledgment slip generated notifying that the application fee has been paid. The candidate should save this slip. In case of any query or error or if one doesn’t receive the acknowledgement then the candidate can contact the helpline number or email the Helpdesk.
- Candidates should download the AILET Application Form and print out the form and keep it with themselves for future reference.
- Students who have passed 12th with a minimum score of 50 percent
- The student who is applying should be under 20 years of age if they belong to the general category and under 22 years for SC category candidates
- Foreign Nationals who want to apply should have passed the qualifying examination with a minimum aggregate of 65 percent.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
- There’s no need to send a hardcopy of the AILET Application Form to the official university address.
- Students should carefully fill in the personal, family, and academic details. As there will be no scope of change later.
- Do not displace the receipt of acknowledgment of the fee payment of the AILET Application Form. Print both the receipt and the application form and keep them with you till the whole admission process has been completed.
- Carefully read the undertaking and terms and conditions before agreeing to them.
- Make careful note of the last date to submit the application form and the stipulated time and date for the payment of fees.
- Double-check the details before hitting the final submission button and make sure to upload the relevant documents in the accepted format and size or it will not get uploaded.
Successfully filling the AILET Application Form is the first step in the admission process of getting a seat in the program of your choice at National Law University Delhi (NLUD).