Christ University admission for the course of B.com is a process that unlocks a portal of numerous opportunities for those wanting to enter the commerce field at the nationally acclaimed university. The department of Commerce comes under the School of Commerce, Finance, and Accountancy. The Department of Commerce and The Department of Professional Studies come under the common umbrella of this school. Together these two departments offer various levels of courses in the field of commerce.
Christ University Admission Process 2021: B.Com
Christ University offers a 3-year B.com course. The course is divided into six semesters and is operated on a Choice Based Credit system (CBSC). For students to take admission into this course they should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Passed class 12th (10 +2)
- For those following International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, students must have 3HL and 3SL with 24 credits.
- For those with GCE/Edexcel qualifications, 3 A levels grade not less than C is the minimum Qualification.
The Application Stage
Before students reach the admission stage, they should have completed their application forms. For admission in the session commencing from 2021, the application forms are available online starting 8th December 2020. These things should be kept in mind while filling the Christ University B.com application form 2021:
- The students have to first register themselves on the university’s official website.
- They should keep the copy of the statement of marks of class 10th, 11th, and 12th at hand.
- The candidate should also have their passport size photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, in formals with a white background) ready.
- The Christ University application form should be printed or downloaded after submission
- The Christ University application form is only complete after successful payment.
Christ University : B.Com Fee structure 2021
- Application Form : 5000 INR (non-refundable and non-transferrable)
- Course Fee : 2.45 Lakh (1st year fee)
CUET: Christ University Entrance Test
After the completion and submission of the application form, the applicants will have to wait for their admit cards and exam schedule. It is important to note that applicants should carefully choose their center venues in the application form, along with the relevant categories as no change will be allowed later. CUET B. Com is conducted in two sessions and the admit card issued for one session will not be valid for the next.
Steps to download the Christ University Admit Card:
- The admit card is available at the Christ University’s official website
- The applicant should first login to the official site
- Click on the admission tab and go to the admit card section
- On there they should enter their login information and download the admit card.
The candidate must check for the following information on their admit card:
- Their name
- Exam Roll Number or Application Number
- Exam date and time along with the reporting time
- The venue of the center
- Their photograph and signature; same as the ones submitted in the application form
- Further instructions about the examination
The admit card should be printed and carried along to the examination center including the relevant documents mentioned in the admit card. The admit card is generally issued 5-10 days before the exam.
CUET is a computer-based test. It is of 2 hours or 120 minutes and also includes negative marking.
The Selection Process
After the completion of CUET commences the selection process which includes:
- The candidate’s performance in the entrance exam
- Skill Assessment (SA)
- Micro Presentation (MP)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Class 10th, 11th, and 12th marks are a secondary consideration in context to the above four.
Skill Assessment (SA)
This would include a test that will assess a candidate’s written, communication, and logical reasoning skills.
Micro Presentation (MP)
This includes a 60 to 90-second presentation. During this stage, the candidate would be provided with a random topic and he/she has to speak on it for about a minute or so.
Personal Interview (P1)
A personal interview is a means of knowing the candidate. It could include specific questions relating to the course one is applying for. It will also include general questions about one’s interests, career goals, hobbies, etc.
The shortlisted candidates would be intimated about the details of their SA, MP, and PI via their registered email Ids and also through SMS on their registered phone number by Christ University.
The Final Stage
After the completion of the selection process, the results would be announced on the official university website. The selected candidates will also receive an electronic offer of admittance. The selected candidates then must download their offer letter. The candidate must fulfill these instructions for a successful admission:
- A preferred date and time must be chosen by the candidate for the facilitation of the process
- The admission is to be processed at the campus offering that particular course which the candidate has opted for.
- The payment has to be made online
- Relevant documents like original mark sheets and one set of photocopies should be submitted for verification.
- Copy of payment, Aadhar card, passport size photo, migration certificate, and relevant category documents should also be submitted for verification.
By fulfilling all of these steps carefully one can successfully tackle the process of Christ University admission.