IPU CET B Com or Indraprastha University Common Entrance Examination for Bachelors Degree in Commerce is one of the most popular entrance exams conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. The exam is conducted for the selection of students in the B.Com three-year program of the University. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, or GGSIPU is one of the most respected and trusted universities founded by the Delhi NCT government. The GGSIPU University offers wide-ranging courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. If you aspire to study at this prestigious University, you must pass either an NLT (National Level Test administered by various authorities or a CET (Common Entrance Test) conducted by the University itself for different programs. This article will take you through the section-wise analysis of the IPU CET B Com Entrance Exam 2020.
Some Changes in IPU CET B Com Entrance Exam Over Past Years
Before moving on to the Section Wise analysis of the Examination Paper of IPU CET B Com, let us first look at some of the changes in the past few years in the exam’s pattern.
- Since it began, the examination mode has been pen-paper-based. However, this year’s exam was conducted in Online Mode due to the Covide-19 Pandemic.
- Till 2019, the IPU CET B Com exam consisted of 150 questions. However, the total number of questions has been decreased by 50, i.e., from 2020, the total number of questions evaluated in the exam will be 100.
- The test has a time duration of 2.5 hours, and the total number of marks allotted for the exam will be 400.
- In terms of the test syllabus, there are no modifications. There will be four parts as standard: General English, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and Commerce and Economic related General Knowledge Section. Each Section of the B.Com entrance exam has been allotted an individual weightage, respectively. The Section with the highest weightage in Data Interpretation i.e., 35 per cent, while the General Awareness section has the lowest weightage of 15 per cent.
IPU CET B Com 2020 Section Wise Exam Analysis
Given below is the section-wise analysis of the IPU CET B Com exam 2020:
General English Section Analysis
As with most entrance examination language skill sections, it was found that the General English portion of IPU CET B Com 2020 was doable and easy to score. Students found the section to be of simple to moderate difficulty. It was noted that many questions were focused on student vocabulary testing and error detecting abilities. This year’s examination’s level of reading comprehension was moderate. Having a good reading speed proved to be an advantage for the students. All over, this section was not so difficult to score in. A student with proper English Skills can easily score good marks in this section. Some of the important topics asked in General English Section are as follows:
- Reading Comprehension
- Phrases and Idioms
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Vocabulary and Grammar
- One word substitutions
- Sentence rearrangement
- Error detection
- Cloze Test
General Awareness Section Analysis
The General Awareness Section of the IPU CET B Com 2020 entrance exam was a good scoring section. If you are well prepared in current affairs, especially in the field of business and economics, then you can easily score well in this section. According to the students, the difficulty level of the General Awareness section ranged from moderate to difficult. Some of the important topics from these sections are as follows:
- Awards and Honours
- Science and Technology
- Sports and Media
- Current Happenings around the world
- Business and Economics related news
- News on Trade, Commerce, and Polity
Logical Reasoning Section Analysis
The questions in this section were mostly easy, but a few among them were really tricky. A large percentage of the total questions were asked from topics like number series, verbal reasoning, statements and, assumptions, etc. The candidates who gave the exam generally found the difficulty level of the section to be between moderate to high. Some of the important topics from this section that were asked in the IPU CET B Com 2020 Entrance exam are as follows:
- Number Series
- Direction and Distance Test
- Assumptions and Statements
- Venn Diagram
- Arrangement and Ranking
- Alpha-Numerical sequence
Data Interpretation Section Analysis
The questions of the Data Interpretation Section were similar in nature to those in previous years’ question papers. This section saw questions being asked from Mathematics of the level of classes 9th and 10th. This section was moderately difficult, though candidates having an interest in the subject found it comparatively easier than the others. Most of the questions were related to statistical data and analysis. Some of the important topics from this segment are as follows:
- Bar Graphs
Given above was the complete analysis of the IPU CET B Com 2020 Entrance Exam. Hope it was of help to you. Click here to get to know about the top colleges under IPU.