Go for the Symbiosis BBA Entrance Exam, if you want to have a bachelor’s degree in management and also get exposed to various internships, projects, case studies, and holistic development from Symbiosis Center for Management Studies. Symbiosis conducts its own entrance test known as SET which is an abbreviation for Symbiosis Entrance Test, to admit students in its various courses. There is a SET for BBA as well called SET BBA. The BBA is offered in three Symbiosis campuses of Nagpur, Noida, and Pune having a range of specializations. The good thing is that you can specialize in one subject, go for dual specialization or just do a general BBA.
Let’s look into the SET BBA exam pattern and some preparation strategies to get into this prestigious institution.
SET BBA Exam Pattern
The selection to the course involves 3 phases namely
- SET BBA- Symbiosis BBA Entrance Test
- WAT- Writing Ability Test
- PI- Personal Interview
In general, you have to first fill the application for the entrance test. On the basis of the marks obtained in the test, you are called for WAT and PI. The cumulative score of these three will grant you a seat in the course.
However, following the Covid-19 situation all over the country, this Symbiosis BBA exam pattern had changed for SET BBA 2020. The SET BBA and WAT happened together and then they conducted a PI over a video call.
|Section||Number of questions||Marks|
|Analytical and Logical reasoning||30||30|
This pattern had 150 questions of MCQ-based test and you would have 150 minutes to complete it.
|Section||Number of questions||Marks|
|Analytical and Logical reasoning||18||18|
|WAT||One essay type||N/A|
In this pattern, you will get 120 minutes to complete the entire SET BBA and WAT, 90 minutes for SET, and 30 minutes for WAT. In the WAT, you will have to write an essay for a subjective type of question. The difficulty level of SET BBA is moderate.
Overall preparation strategy
Before looking into the section-wise preparation strategy for the Symbiosis BBA Entrance Exam, in particular, let us look into some of the general strategies that you must follow to score decent marks in the exam.
1. Prepare according to the syllabus
The sections of the Symbiosis BBA Entrance Exam have already been given above. So prepare the topics according to the syllabus. It is advised not to study everything and stick to the basics of each section. For general awareness, read newspapers such as The Hindu, The Statesman, or you can also search for current affairs on the internet.
2. Practice Symbiosis SET sample paper and mocks followed by proper evaluation
Since you get 90 minutes to solve 90 questions, your timing and speed are everything. Practice more papers so that you can quickly solve the questions. It is advisable that you start solving papers within a week of your initial preparations and then keep on solving them till the date of examination. Also, evaluate your paper to know your strengths and weaknesses so that you can focus on the weak areas more.
3. Build a daily reading habit of newspapers, magazines, articles, books, etc.
Reading anything every day will improve your skills for comprehension, vocabulary, and also your writing skills. Reading the newspaper will ensure that you are well versed with the daily happenings. All this will prepare you for the English, General Awareness sections as well as the WAT section.
Section-wise preparation strategy
The Symbiosis BBA Entrance Exam consists of 4 sections that you have to complete in 90 minutes followed by the subjective essay question of WAT in 30 minutes.
1. English language
This section will comprise of questions testing your knowledge of vocabulary and grammar. Some tips that you can follow.
- Do more practice of grammar. You can follow the basic Wren and Martin book.
- Comprehension paragraphs are slightly longer, so develop a habit of skim reading the text.
- Try to read books, articles and write down any new words along with their antonyms and synonyms to improve the vocabulary.
- Wren and Martin English grammar
- Objective English by RS Aggarwal
- English is Easy by Chetaanand Singh
2. Quantitative aptitude
This section tests your mathematical skills and it can be solved well if you know your basics of 10th-12th well. Solve as much as you can and focus on accuracy. Some of the portions that you need to focus on are:
- Ratio and proportion
- Quantitative Aptitude by Abhijit Guha
- How to prepare Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma
- Basic NCERT books of 10th, 11th and 12th.
3. General Awareness
This is one of the sections we can never know what it encompasses. Some tips that you can follow.
- Read current affairs from the internet.
- Practice the habit of reading good newspapers daily like Hindu, Indian Express, Economic Times, etc.
- Make a separate notebook of daily affairs and give it a reading daily.
- Learn the basics of Static GK.
- Manorama year books
- Current affairs magazines
- General Knowledge by Pearson
4. Logical and Analytical Reasoning
This section usually tests your logical aptitude, common sense, and how well you are able to attempt reasoning-based questions.
- Do this section with patience and try to observe the question well.
- Practice questions of this section and try to make a note of the procedure you are using to come at an answer.
- For best results, do this section at the end as it comprises less marks than other sections.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by K Gupta
- New approach to reasoning by Sijwalii
- Verbal reasoning by Arihant
I hope you find these strategies helpful for your Symbiosis BBA Entrance Exam preparation. The key to acing this type of admission process is to be confident while giving the interview, focus on improving your writing skills and improve on your accuracy while attempting the entrance test. All the best!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
More Articles on SET BBA: