IPM Rohtak is a very sought-after course offered by IIM Rohtak. IIM Rohtak is a new IIM which was established in 2010. Its first set of batches is from 2019-2024. IPM or Integrated Program in Management is a five-year course that enables students to pursue their career in Management after 12th-grade.
IIM Rohtak IPMAT aptitude test screens potential candidates for the IPM program followed by a personal interview (PI).This course is well suited for all the future corporate leaders and focuses specifically on developing managerial and leadership skills.
IPMAT Exam Eligibility
- Age limit is maximum 20 years and not more than that.
- Candidates belonging to the General and NC- OBC Category should have passed their 10th and 12th-grade with minimum 60%
- In case of SC, ST and PWD (DA) category, candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% in 10th and 12th grade.
IPM Rohtak Features
|Course Name||IPM or Integrated Program in Management|
|Year of Establishment||2009|
|Yearly Fee (Domestic)||INR 4,10,000/-|
|Yearly Fee (International)||INR 6,20,000/-|
|No.of Seats Available||160|
|Eligibility||10th and 12th Grade with minimum marks|
|Specialty||Dual Degree (BBA+MBA)|
- The admission criteria is based on the entrance exam conducted, IPMAT exam which also incorporates Writing Ability Test (WAT).
- After the aptitude test, the next step is Personal Interview.
- Admission will be given on the basis of IPMAT, WAT, PI and candidate’s academic records.
- IIM Rohtak IPM course is a culmination of BBA and MBA, which will let the students complete their Bachelors in 3 years and Masters in 2 years together.
- The program is designed in a way that, if a student wishes to discontinue after the first 3 years, they will be awarded the Bachelor’s degree.
- After the 5-year long study students would be awarded the dual degree.
- IPM consists of a total of 15 semesters. A year is divided into 3 terms of 3 months duration.
- The course focuses on laying foundation in the first part and later on moves to the management part.
- The curriculum incorporates 4 core subjects: Mathematics, Statistics, Humanities, and Economics.
- Internships are also compulsory and a vital part of the course curriculum.
- This also saves students the trouble of appearing for the CAT entrance exam for MBA in the future.
IIM Rohtak IPM Vs. Regular MBA
|Course Level||Graduate + Postgraduate||Postgraduate|
|Course Type||Dual Degree (BBA+MBA)||MBA|
|Duration||5 years||2 years|
|Institute||Same institute for BBA and MBA||Different institute|
|Core Subjects||Builds from foundation to advanced||Advanced|
- Course Level: IIM Rohtak IPM is an integrated course that combines both BBA and MBA. They take in students after their 12th-grade whereas MBA is a postgraduate level course which requires a degree to pursue.
- Entrance Exam: Students are given the opportunity to acquire a dual degree by the end of 5 years without having to appear for another entrance exam to pursue masters. If you’re going for an MBA after your undergraduate separately, then you would have to face another entrance exam like CAT.
- Competition: There’s so much competition in the MBA field. CAT is a much coveted entrance exam where more than 2 Lakhs candidates appear every year. Competition is much lesser in IIM Rohtak IPMAT. The competition for CAT is massive and you would require a 99.5+ percentile to get into a top B-School.
- Work Experience: If you want to acquire some work experience after BBA or any undergraduate course before taking on MBA, it’s better to pursue MBA because IPM doesn’t allow you a break after 3 years of BBA as it is a 5 a year course.
- IIM Rohtak IPM fee and MBA: Since the duration of the course is different, the fee at IIM Rohtak for IPM is higher than that of an MBA course after a non-IIM BBA degree.
- International MBA: If you’d like to go for an MBA from an international University, you can always exit the IPM after three years and apply abroad.
Is IPM Rohtak Worth it?
IPM, considering all these points, is very much worth it for all the career aspirants in the management field. The course builds the foundation for the students regarding business administration before going for the much advanced level of MBA.
Taking fee, course structure, competition, future opportunities and other factors into consideration, IPM Rohtak is worth every penny and time you spend. These pointers will help you make the right decision.
Looking to give your IPMAT Preparation an unbeatable lead?