IPMAT preparation should be done the best way possible to get admission for the IPM course offered by IIM Indore. The competition is higher than ever and the IIM Indore IPM is the perfect course for the students to chase their dreams to have a career in the business world.
The IIM Integrated course, IPM or Integrated Program in Management, is a 5-year long course that prepares the students to be the future corporate leaders. This is a dual degree program i.e students will acquire 2 degrees by the end of the course (BA+MBA).
IPMAT exam is conducted at a national level and students who are below 20 years of age and have passed their 10th and 12th-grade exam with a minimum of 60% marks are eligible to apply for the program. A relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD category. IIM Indore selection criteria are based on IPMAT exam.
IPMAT Exam Pattern
The IPMAT exam pattern is given below:
Time Duration: 90 minutes
Sections: Quantitative aptitude and verbal ability
Total Questions: 60
Question Type: Objective (MCQs) and short answers
|Section||Number of Questions||Time duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude (MCQ)||20||30 mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude (Short Answers)||10||30 mins|
|Verbal Ability (MCQ)||30||30 mins|
Marking Scheme for MCQ type questions:
Each correct answer will give you a score of +4 marks
Each wrong answer will give you a score of -1 mark.
For more information on the IPMAT 2021 syllabus, click here.
Section-wise IPMAT Preparation Tips and Best Preparation Books
You need to face each section with different strategies to crack the IIM Indore IPMAT exam. The following pointers will help you to prepare for the exam. We have also recommended some of the best study materials you can utilize to boost your preparation.
1. Quantitative Ability (SA)
- In the IPMAT, the Quantitative Section has short answer type questions as well as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- This section has a total of 30 questions.
- You need to be thorough with the mathematics topics from 9th grade to 12th grade to score maximum marks in both sections
- Time management is crucial. Practice many questions to improve your speed.
2. Quantitative Ability (MCQ)
- This section’s syllabus is the same as that of the SA section.
- It is not as calculative and complicated as the SA section therefore it is easy to score marks if you’ve had practice.
- Again, be thorough with the formulae and strategies for easy passage.
- Time is a big factor in the quantitative section in general.
Best IPMAT Preparation Books for Quantitative Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams – R.S Aggarwal
- Class 9, 10, 11, 12 CBSE Mathematics Textbook – NCERT
- The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for competitive exams- Dinesh Khattar
3. Verbal Ability
- This section analyzes the candidates’ English Language Proficiency.
- Questions are based on Reading Comprehension, Grammar, and Vocabulary.
- Reading comprehension can seem lengthy therefore it is important to practice and improve your reading speed to finish the section in time.
- Grammar related questions must be dealt with carefully avoiding the colloquial mistakes you might make.
- You need to cultivate a better reading habit to transform your command of the English language.
Best IPMAT Preparation Books for Verbal Ability
- Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis
- Better English – Norman Lewis
- Grammar and Composition – Wren and Martin
Comprehensive IIM Indore IPMAT Preparation Books
These are some of the best comprehensive preparation books where you can cover all the sections in the IPMAT exam
- Crack the IIM Indore IPM Entrance Examination – Pearson
- Pearson Guide to IIM Indore – IPM
- Complete Companion for IIM Indore IPM(Integrated Programme in Management) Entrance Examination & other BBA Entrance Examinations
These IPMAT preparation tips can surely help you clear the entrance exam and. Practice previous years’ question papers as well as do as many mock tests as possible while preparing. Time management is key in any entrance exam. Work hard and there will be results.