NLU Delhi BA LLB admission process is the first step towards the incredible opportunities waiting for those wanting to get into the field of Law at the highly prestigious National Law University, Delhi. NLUD offers admission into programs such as BA LLB, LLM, and Ph.D. via the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) that it holds every year around April- May. BA LLB is a five-year integrated undergraduate course that allows specialization in the dual streams of Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Legislative Law.
NLU Delhi BA LLB Admission Process 2021
BA LLB course offered by National Law University, Delhi is a five-year course that is spread over ten semesters and is based on a credit system. For students to take admission into this program they should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Passed class 12th (10+2) with a minimum aggregate of 50 percent
- Foreign Nationals are required to score a minimum aggregate of 65 percent in the Higher Secondary School Examination or an examination equivalent to the 12th class examination.
- The candidate should be less than 20 years of age on the first day of July of the year of admission. For SC candidates the maximum age limit is 22 years.
- Those candidates who are waiting for the result of their qualifying examination are also eligible for appearing for AILET however they have to show proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission. If one fails to produce the proof or fails in the qualifying examination, then their admission would be cancelled by the University.
The application stage precedes the admission stage. For the admission session beginning in 2021, the application forms will be released in the first week of January 2021. The following things should be kept in mind before one proceeds to fill the AILET Application form 2021:
- The candidate has to first get themselves registered on the official website of NLU Delhi.
- Make sure that one has a valid email ID and mobile number to register for AILET.
- The candidate should also have scanned copies of their photograph in jpg, BMP, or GMF formats that are not more than 150 KB in size.
- A copy of the statement of marks of class 10th and 12th should also be kept at hand.
- The AILET application form should be downloaded and printed after the submission and completion.
- The application stage is complete only after successful payment.
NLUD: BA LLB Fee structure 2021
Application Form/Entrance Exam Fee
|General Category/Kashmiri Migrants/Resident of Jammu & Kashmir
|Persons with Disability
|SC and ST Category
|Rs. 1, 050/-
Course Fee: 1.63 Lakhs (1st Year Fee)
AILET: All India Law Entrance Test
After the applicant has completed and submitted their application form, they now have to wait for their admit cards and exam schedule. The applicant should carefully check their details on the application form before submission. They should also keep in mind that the information once submitted goes on the permanent record and can’t be changed so it is advised that details regarding the choice of exam center and relevant categories should be carefully chosen. The AILET exam is conducted each year around May and the admit cards are issued in the last week of April.
Steps to download AILET Admit Card:
- The admit card is available on the university’s official website
- The applicant has to click on the official link ‘AILET 2021 Admit Card‘
- The link will lead the applicant to a portal where two options will be available for downloading the admit card:
- Using the applicant’s name and date of birth
- Using the application number and date of birth
- After filling in the personal details click submit and then download the admit card.
The candidate must check the following details on their admit card for any error or discrepancy
- Their name
- Application number
- Examination Roll No.
- Date of Birth
- Their photograph and signature
- The venue of the center
- Examination date and time along with the reporting time
- Further instructions regarding the examination and course opted
The admit card needs to be printed and then carried to the test center along with the relevant documents mentioned in the admit card for verification.
AILET is a 1 hour 30 minutes or 90 minutes test that includes 150 questions of one mark each and has a negative marking of -0.25 for an incorrect answer.
The Selection Process
After the completion of AILET, commences the selection process. The selection process is strictly based on merit which is decided based on a candidate’s score in the AILET exam.
The reservation present in a total of 70 seats that are to be filled through the entrance is as follow:
- 15 percent for SC candidates
- 7.5 percent for ST candidates
- 5 percent for PWD candidates
- 1 supernumerary seat for Kashmiri Migrants
- 2 supernumerary seats for Residents of Jammu and Kashmir
- The seats that remain unfilled and are reserved for SC candidates will be assigned to ST candidates and vice versa. If the required number of SC and ST candidates are not available to fill the reserved seats, then they will be filled by General candidates.
- If two candidates secure the same score in the entrance exam, then the merit will be determined based on the percentage scored in the 12th class examination.
- If the two candidates have the same entrance exam score and percentage scored in the 12th class, then the marks of class 10th will be considered to determine the merit. If all the scores are equal for both candidates, then one who is older by the virtue of age will be considered.
- 30 percent of the total seats will be reserved across all categories for the female candidates. Seats that remain unfilled in the Foreign National Category will be carried over to the General category.
- In each category, the selected candidates will be arranged according to merit. A waitlist will also be prepared for each category. The admission process ends each year around the last week of July.
- The selected candidates are informed about their selection immediately by the university via email/post/phone/fax. The results and the merit lists are also uploaded on the official website.
- The selected candidates are then provided a stipulated amount of time for getting admission, uploading relevant documents, and paying tuition fees and other deposits.
- If a candidate fails to complete her/his admission within the stipulated time, then their candidature will be cancelled.
By fulfilling all these steps carefully one can complete the admission process of NLU Delhi BA LLB.