IPMAT Rohtak is the pathway to IPM or Integrated Program in Management at IIM Rohtak, which is a 5-year-long course that gives students to pursue their higher studies in Management after their 12th grade. Similarly, IIM Indore also conducts an IPMAT for its IPM integrated program.
IPMAT is the first-stage aptitude test based on which potential students are screened for admission. Despite offering similar courses, IIM Rohtak and IIM Indore conduct this exam but are different from each other on various levels.
This integrated MBA course is much sought after by the students since it gives them the opportunity to pursue an MBA after 12th grade along with bachelor’s without having to face the tough competition of CAT.
The program is divided into 15 terms. Each year consists of 3 terms of 3 months duration. The first three years of the course builds the foundation for the students to move forward to advanced management studies. The last two years follows the curriculum of the PGP program. The applicants for both the IPMATs are increasing each year.
Difference between IPMAT Rohtak and IPMAT Indore
1. Exam Pattern
- IIM Rohtak: IIM Rohtak conducts the IPMAT exam consisting of 2 main sections. MCQ and Writing Ability Test (WAT). The MCQ section consists of 3 parts namely, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability. After a 15 minutes break, WAT is conducted where candidates must write two 250 words essays in 30 minutes.
- IIM Indore: The exam pattern of IPMAT Indore consists of 3 sections; Quantitative Ability (Short answer section and MCQ section) and Verbal Ability. WAT and PI are conducted after selections from IPMAT are made.
2. Application Fee
- IPMAT Rohtak: The application fee of IPMAT Rohtak is Rs. 2000/-.
- IPMAT Indore: The application fee of IPMAT Indore is much higher i.e Rs. 4130/-.
|Quantitative ability, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, and WAT
|Quantitative Ability (Short answer section and MCQ section) and Verbal Ability.
|IPMAT, WAT, and past academics.
|IPMAT, WAT, and PI.
Similarities between IPMAT Indore and Rohtak
Given below are certain elements that are similar in IPMAT Rohtak and IPMAT Indore:
1. Eligibility Criteria of IPMAT
Both the exams have the same eligibility criteria:
Age Limit: Below 20 years of age.
Qualifications: Students belonging to the general/NC-OBC category should have secured a minimum score of 60% in their 10th and 12th exam. 5% relaxation is given to the students belonging to the SC/ST/PwD category.
2. Marking Scheme
The marking scheme followed by both exams is the same as well. Each question carries 4 marks and -1 for every wrong answer. However, the Short answer section of IPMAT Indore doesn’t have negative marking.
3. Selection Criteria
IPM IIM Rohtak selects students on the basis of IPMAT, WAT, and past academics.
IPM IIM Indore, on the other hand, selects students on the basis of IPMAT, WAT, and PI. They do not consider past academics for selection.
IPMAT is emerging as one of the most competitive exams in India with the increase in demand each year despite the recent commencement of the course. Both IPMAT Rohtak and IPMAT Indore are difficult to crack. Since IIM Indore was established way before IIM Rohtak the competition is much higher for the IPMAT Indore. IPM Rohtak has yet to have its first batch to be graduated. Going through this will get you an idea of how both the exams are different from each other. Click here to know more about courses and campus facilities.
Looking to give your IPMAT Preparation an unbeatable lead?